– I’m a huge advocate for WordPress, but I too understand WordPress is not right for everyone. – What if I don’t know how to build my own website? – As they say, there’s a plugin for that.
Welcome to The Journey. Today, we’re going to help you decide if you should use a website builder or WordPress.
All right, so as you are well aware, I already have a website, but I get asked all the time from local business, what type of website should I improve for a business? – Yeah, it’s a somewhat common question. And as you know, I’m a huge advocate for WordPress, but I also understand, WordPress is not right for everyone which is why we’re really going to break this down and help you decide. Should you use WordPress or should you use a website builder? Now, it truly helps to understand what type of website you want to create.
What facets is it you people want on this site? – And what do you make by that? – So the cool thing with some of the website builder’s nowadays, is they’re getting super competitive with the WordPress atmosphere. So those website developers have those email commerce implements, it has some customer login, it has blogs, has all these things. But they’re still a little limiting.
If you find yourself needing your own flexibility to do whatever you want. You don’t like being lay in a sandbox. You can only play in that sandbox, then that’s where you really want to look into WordPress.’ Because WordPress has tons of plugins that open up the amount of things you can do. – So greater flexibility?
– Yeah. You can really do whatever you demand. As they say, there’s a plugin for that. So that’s what you want to keep in mind is they’re probably going to have some of the same features.
It’s just, how much controller is it you people want over those features, and then how much hour do you have to learn?
– That cures break down the features, but what if, I’m sure you’re asking this at home, what if I don’t know how to build my own website? – Yeah. – Technical sciences. – Super common question. And website builders, if you need something really quick and dirty, like, I’m just going to get a site built right now.
Website builder’s all day. They make it super easy. They’re very visual. Usually drag and fell or plug in place like the Lego type style builder where you can get your site up and running, which is super helpful, right?
Now WordPress, on the other hand, there are a lot more alternatives because you get to play out of the sandbox. You can do whatever you want. But every plugin, every topic, everything you do has more the possibilities and more things to mess with and different peculiarities you have to only learn in general. – Got it.
– So it gets a little more technological. – Okay. – So if “you’ve had” the composure to learn something new or the technical ability then that’s definitely it.
And hey, if you don’t want to make love at all, you could hire a pro. – So next up, websites improved, came that done, now what?
Is it rectified it forget it or do I is important to continue controlling this locate? – It depends. And it depends on what you pointed up going with. Website builder’s, the influence of those are, as you say, they’re lo mein. – Or low-spirited upkeep – low-grade upkeep – For regular people.
They make it super easy exactly to build a site and have it there. Now, I would recommend you continue to add content because Google does like material on your locate. As far as just technical upkeep material like that, it’s not a number of problems. WordPress, on the other hand, it’s what’s called an Open Source Application. So that necessitates everyone contributes to it, there are updates, there’s thing that they have to do.
So you have to, every now and then, I’d recommend at least checking in once or twice every two weeks. Something’ like that. – Okay. – Update your the issues and plugins. Those updates help either patch a vulnerability, it helps improve aspects, or it time spawns your place faster.
So as you are well aware, I’m a huge advocate for WordPress, so my mummy started a business a few years ago. – What’s the business? – Doing’ auto detailing and depict shield cinema. – Oh, wow. – So again, – Cool.
– big preach for WordPress. I’m like, Ma, you have to be on WordPress. Get this going ‘. – What’d she say? – Here’s some basics.
She was like, okay. So she starts, right? And she gets travelling. And then I check on her like two weeks later, like, how’s it going? And she’s like, it’s not.
It’s way too much for me. – I’m right where you left me. – She’s never built a area. She’s never done anything. Now there are tools to help utter WordPress easier like Beaver Builder, Elementor, Divi, or even Gutenberg.
The new builder in feature of it. But sometimes it’s just too much, and I overestimated the ability of a first time user because she was busy extending her site. She had no time to learn. – Totally. – Right.
So a website builder for someone that has a business, that has no time, that just needs something up to showcase her study, it was a better fit. So again, immense exponent for WordPress, but I know it’s not right for everyone. – You truly steered her in the wrong direction. – Sorry, Ma.( roaring) All liberty, I genuinely hope this helps you decide whether or not WordPress is right for you or a website builder is right for you.
Now if you have any other observes, I get it, it’s kind of get a little gray area. Let us know what your questions are in the comments below, and we’ll give you an answer.
– Also be sure to like the video and share it.’ Cause you know there are others out there with the same dilemma, same questions. Be sure to subscribe and don’t forget, reverberating that buzzer to be the first to know about upcoming videos.
This is The Journey..
Read More: Domain vs. Website: What’s the Difference ?
Read More: Domain vs. Website: What’s the Difference?